Monday, December 7, 2009

Lost Memories


So for my Child Development class, I had to make a baby book. We could have made it of ourselves, someone we knew or an imaginary person that we wanted make up. I chose to make one for myself because I recently had gotten a Cricut, which is a scrap booking machine. It cuts out letters that can be glued onto scrap booking paper. I absolutely love it!


Even though my mother had already made me a baby book when I was small, it needed some new revisions. Everything from back then just looked so old to me, so i decided to gloss it up a bit. I was so happy my mom added pictures and such to my original book because otherwise I would have not been able to really do the assignment.


I noticed how lucky I was that my parents had taken pictures of every event that I had been in when I started working on my boyfriends baby book. I decided to start making one for him a few weeks ago. He is a a senior this year and I remember how everyone thought how nice it was that I had a scrapbook of myself at my graduation party. So i figured I could make one for his graduation because boys really don't care about those kinds of things.



As I was going through his baby pictures, I noticed that I hadn't found any from his birthdays or really any holidays. That's when I noticed that he could never relive those memories from when he was a kid. I felt grateful for my parents and everything they had saved for me to remember. I'm glad I do not have any lost memories.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam, I think that will be a great project to do for a Graduation and I am sure in the long run your boyfriend will love it. I have to say that pictures do keep people in touch with memories and for conversational piece. I was the first born and the first grandchild so there were a lot of pictures of me when I was growing up. Take care and see you in class on Thurs and have a great Christmas and Holidays:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that's great your parents kept all your memories from when you were a child in your babybook. It will be nice to look back to that every once in awhile and relive your childhood days. My mom just recently gave me my babybook. It had more words than pictures in it though, but that's ok because I have a lot of baby pictures and childhood pictures, just not in the babybook.

    ReplyDelete

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones